What's the best thing about our club? 99% of our members share the same initial biomedical maintenance technician training; 99% of our members share a U.S. military background in biomedical maintenance and engineering.
AFBS Latest News (facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AFBSNews) :
1. Our last 25APR2017 AGFA PACS101 went very well. Our many thanks to our members, AGFA and Quincy Martin for inviting them. We gave away a couple of prices. Here are the meetings and events that we are working on, or tracking for the next two months (Location is Fort Detrick, MD):
-5MAY2017 (1130-1300) Robotic Surgery Sponsored by HillRom.
- 31MAY2017 (1130-1300) "Connecting to the Net" sponsored by Space Labs
- 31MAY2017 (0800-1200) DHA's Fort Detrick Vendor Show (Theme: Deployable Medical Devices).
- AAMI2017 (9-12JUN2017) (Conference (Society Row) (DoD BMET reunion?)
2. Please remember to renew your membership. It is very simple and it can be done securely on-line.
3. Want to earn your CBET/CRES/CLES? Join the METC BMET Certification Study Group Info (For those of you that have Common Access Card (CAC) access). Additionally, all members can download the CBET Study Quiz (Sponsored by Stephens International) and other documents (from this site) that will help them get prepared for the exam.
4. Thinking about becoming a member of the Armed Forces Biomedical Society? Click on member signup button on top left of this webpage. FYI: We have a Remote ($10) and-or Full membership ($25) option. The Remote Membership was intended for those individuals that don't live-work in the Fort Detrick area (not enough time to drive to attend meetings on a regular basis). This is a relatively new type of membership that was implemented based on feedback from DoD BMET's and Engineers from all around the country that simply wanted to support the AFBS because of their training-employment background. Our future goal is to enhance what is provided to our Remote member via the website. The Full Membership is mainly for the individuals that work or live in the Fort Detrick area and are usually able to attend all our scheduled quarterly society meetings-training-BBQ events.