What's the best thing about our club? 99% of our members share the same initial biomedical maintenance technician training; 99% of our members share a U.S. military background in biomedical maintenance and engineering.
AFBS Latest News (facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AFBSNews) :
1. Happy Memorial Day Weekend to everyone!
Zoll sponsored an excellent hands-on training session on 19MAY2016. Hope that those of you that were able to attend enjoyed the training.
Our annual BBQ and Healthcare Technology Management week celebration on 25MAY2016 was a success because of our members and sponsors.
We would like to thank all the individuals (Wally Whipple, Scott Harder, Dennis Boney, Lamar Reese, Dennis Rumple, Michael Benner and many others) that helped get the food and tables ready for the BBQ. Our special thanks to our sponsors Fluke and Stephens International Recruiting.
Remember, the AAMI 2016 conference will be from 3-6 June 2016 in Tampa, Florida. For more details go to http://www.aami.org/annualconference/. Don't forget to visit our booth in the Biomedical Society section of the AAMI expo.
Thank you for supporting the Armed Forces Biomedical Society,
2. In cooperation with the CABMET, all AFBS member can take advantage of their STUDY GROUP Discount. Please contact us if you are interested.
3. Please remember to renew your membership. It is very simple and it can be done on-line securely.
4. Interested in having one of our new AFBS embroidered logo shirts? please send us an e-mail. We could make it happen. We are also working on a AFBS Coin. We will keep informed of its availability.
5. Want to earn your CBET/CRES/CLES? METC BMET CertificationStudy Group Info (For those of you that have Common Access Card (CAC) access). Additionally, we have a CBET Study Quiz for all our members (Sponsored by Stephens International) and more documents that will help you get prepared for the exam.
6. Thinking about becoming a member of the Armed Forces Biomedical Society? Click on member signup button on top left of this webpage. FYI: We have a Remote ($10) and-or Full membership ($25) option. The Remote Membership was intended for those individuals that do't live-work in the Fort Detrick area (not enough time to drive to attend meetings on a regular basis). This is a relatively new type of membership that was implemented based on feedback from DoD BMET's and Engineers from all around the country that simply wanted to support the AFBS because of their training-employment background. Our future goal is to enhance what is provided to our Remote member via the website. The Full Membership is mainly for the individuals that work or live in the Fort Detrick area and are usually able to attend all our scheduled quarterly society meetings-training-BBQ events.
7. Looking for Healthcare Technology Jobs? Here are few resources to get started:
A special thanks to our previous and current sponsors:
President: Diego Gomez-Morales
Vice President: Shon McManus
Secretary: Lamar Reese
Treasurer: Scott Harder
Membership Manager: Dennis Boney